Daily Challenge - April

Followers

Friends


Wickless Candles and More!

Lovely Boutique! Check it out!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I know, I know....

You're all on pins and needles waiting around for me to write the blog about Emma's first day of school (well, aren'tcha??!! *L*)....
I promise you, I'm working on it! Chelsey loaded all of the photos that she took of Emma yesterday morning and handed them over to me this morning! Geee! They're wonderful so now I'm trying to choose my favorites to place on here.... Or else you'll end up wit 55 photos! *L*
But for now here's this!

I came across this site today called Happy Worker.... Here's some info I got off of it!

Key Mom Stats:
2 billion in the World (82.5 million in the U.S.)
First-time Moms: Average age of new moms is 25, vs. 21 in 1970
Kids: Modern moms average 2 kids (1950s: 3.5 kids; 1700s: 7-10 kids)
4.3 babies are born each second

Working Moms:
72% of moms with children over 1 year old work (about the same as childless women) , vs. 39% in 1976
55% of moms with a child under 1 year old work, vs. 31% in 1976
Moms with a full-time job spend 13 hours working at the office or at home on family chores

Baby Chores:
Diaper Changes: 7,300 by baby's 2nd birthday
Diaper Changing Speed: Moms take 2 minutes, 5 seconds (adds up to 3 40-hour work weeks each year!) , vs. 1 minute, 36 seconds for dads
Giving Attention: Preschooler requires mom's attention once every 4 minutes or 210 times / day
Taking Care: Preschooler moms spend 2.7 hrs / day on primary childcare, vs. 1.2 hours for dads

Household Chores:
Chores: Women average 2.2 hrs / day, vs. 1.3 hrs / day for men
Laundry: 88% is done by moms, totaling 330 loads of laundry & 5,300 articles of clothing each year
Least Favorite Chore: Vacuuming the stairs

Bathroom Multi-Tasking for Moms: Reading is the most common activity, followed by talking on the phone, meditating, watching TV, drinking coffee, eating and balancing the checkbook

Mommy Records:
Most Kids: Mrs. Vassilyev of Russia gave birth to 69 children between 1725 and 1765
Oldest Mom: Rosanna Dalla Corte gave birth to a baby boy when she was 63 years old in Italy in 1994
Heaviest Newborn: Signora Carmelina Fedele gave birth to a 22 lb 8 oz boy in Italy in 1955

Mother's Day:
1st Mother's Day: May 10, 1908; Founded by Anna Jarvis; made a national holiday in 1914 by President Wilson
Busiest Phone Day: 68% of people plan to call Mom on Mother's Day, totaling 122.5 million phone calls
Card Giving: 50% of households give Mother's Day cards, totaling some 152 million cards
Misc Mommy & Baby Facts:
Most popular birth month: July
Most popular birth day: Tuesday
Most popular birthday: October 5
30 Pounds: Average weight gain during pregnancy
Baby Gender Gap: 105 boys born for every 100 girls
First Year Baby Costs: $7,000 of baby items before 1st birthday
Cost of Raising a Child: Middle-income families spend $242,070 to raise a kid to 18 (not incl. college!)
Most Popular Names of 21st Century:
Baby Girls: Emily, Madison, Hannah
Baby Boys: Jacob, Michael, Joshua
Research suggests that moms who give birth later in life, live longer
Having kids may make you smarter
...........................................................................
When I read all of this I just had to share it with you all! Made me giggle... Especially when I realized I was born on a Tuesday in July! *LOL* Oh dear.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a whole other random topic, I watched one of my neighbours wash every inch of his car today... And I mean every inch of it! It took him between 1.5-2hours to wash this thing (and it's not a huge car!)..... I think he's been done maybe an hour and it's started to rain! *LOL* Oh goodness, isn't that always the way? So in a few hours it'll be rained on and dusty from the wind (as we have no protection from weather behind our houses, only farm land!)....
*giggle*
(Note: I didn't actually sit there and watch him the whole time... I had to much to do with writing this blog and working on Emma's School Blog! But I did check in on him from the comfort of my warm home!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hahaha!! That was a rather amusing read!

I'm looking forward to the school blog! ....Cheley took photos!? That's too cool!